Conveniently located to serve Tucson, AZ
What is EMSella?
A breakthrough treatment for incontinence and confidence. This unique technology revolutionized women’s and men’s intimate health and wellness by providing those suffering from incontinence with a completely non-invasive option.
How it works
EMSella utilizes electromagnetic energy to deliver thousands of supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions in a single session. In other words, EMSella simulates over 10,000 Kegel exercises to tone your bladder and pelvic floor muscles. These contractions re-educate the muscles of incontinent patients.
The treatment is non-invasive and painless. Be sure to dress comfortably for your treatments, you will remain fully clothed. It is recommended to wear something light that permits you to spread your legs open and keep your back straight to ensure that your pelvis is tilted correctly. Avoid wearing jeans, bottoms with zippers, heavy sweats, and jewelry. All electronic devices will need to be surrendered, as the electromagnetic energy can harm your devices. You are welcome to bring a book or magazine, however, we always offer you the options of watching Netflix, Prime, or listening to your choice of music.
What is incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is defined as the involuntary leakage of urine. There are three different types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress incontinence is when there is exerted pressure on the bladder causing leakage. This can be caused by coughing, laughing, sneezing, or exercising
- Urge incontinence is the sudden, intense urge to urinate frequently
- Mixed incontinence is a combination of both stress and urge incontinence
Is there any downtime?
You may resume daily activities immediately after the treatment.
Am I a candidate for EMSella?
- Any woman or man who wants to improve the strength and tone of their pelvic muscles is a candidate for EMSella
- EMSella cannot be used on individuals with the following conditions: drug pumps, electronic or metal implants, heart disorders, implanted defibrillators or neurotransmitters, pregnancy
How long does it take?
EMSella treatments last about 30 minutes and are done twice a week for 3 weeks for a total of 6 treatments or sessions. It is recommended that you space your treatments a minimum of 2 days apart.
What can I expect after my EMSella treatments?
After the treatment, you can return to your usual daily tasks. No need to take time off work, reschedule your plans, or avoid intercourse! Patients have reported seeing results after their first EMSella session however, this varies by patient. The results continue to improve through the series of treatments.