Female Sexual Dysfunction Consultations
Conveniently located to serve Tucson, AZ
At Tula Wellness, we provide female sexual dysfunction consultations in Tucson. Sexual dysfunction is one of the most common problems that can affect women at any stage of their lives. This problem can lead to disinterest in sexual activities and strained relationships with partners.
Women suffering from female sexual dysfunction usually have persistent problems with sex. They usually complain of acute persistent pain during or after intercourse, which eventually leads to trouble reaching orgasm and little or no sex drive.
Symptoms of Female Sexual DysfunctionA woman is suffering from sexual dysfunction if she is experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Acute pain after or during intercourse
- Lack of sexual desire
- Lack of arousal
- Difficulty in attaining orgasm
What Causes Female Sexual Dysfunction?
There are many reasons that could lead to female sexual dysfunction. These include:
- Medical Conditions – Pain after intercourse can result from medical conditions like endometriosis, adenomyosis, a UTI, and vaginal tearing. Various medical conditions like diabetes, heart disorders, nerve conditions, and thyroid disease can lead to painful or uncomfortable sex. Infections or scarring from surgery or any other treatment in your vaginal opening can also change your sexual experience, making it difficult and unpleasant.
- Pregnancy and Childbirth – Many women develop excessive vaginal dryness during or after pregnancy. Pregnancy-related medical issues like an ectopic pregnancy can also lead to pain after intercourse.
- Breastfeeding – Nursing women have low levels of estrogen in their body, which leads to lack of libido.
- Menopause – With menopause comes hot flashes and acute hormonal changes. This can lead to changes in the vaginal environment, making intercourse painful and less enjoyable.
- Mental and Emotional Trauma – Stress, anxiety, depression, or past sexual abuse can lead to sexual disinterest and difficulty achieving orgasm.
- Medication – Certain medicines and steroids that are used to treat high blood pressure, epilepsy, urinary tract infections, depression, and cancer can cause excessive dryness in the vagina. This can lead to pain and discomfort during intercourse.
Treatments for Female Sexual Dysfunction
At Tula Wellness, we offer a comprehensive treatment for female sexual dysfunction through our ThermiVa treatments. These gentle and painless heat treatments address a number of issues through application of radiofrequency energy waves.
ThermiVa helps regain vaginal moisture and tighten the labia and tissues of the vulva and vagina. This leads to increased sexual response and orgasms.
Book a female sexual dysfunction consultation with our experts to discuss female sexual concerns, including:
- Vaginal dryness
- Painful intercourse
- Orgasmic disorders
- Loss of libido
We work with our patients to create an effective and highly personalized treatment plan.
Contact Us To Schedule An Appointment
What’s Going On Down There?! from Tula Wellness on Vimeo.
Dr. Arianna is the only provider in Tucson who has all of the different modalities for vaginal rejuvenation
Your Female Sexual Dysfunction Consultations will be performed in Dr. Arianna Sholes-Douglas' wellness center located in Tucson, AZ.
Real Patient Testimonials
My husband and I have been married for 27 years and have always had an active sex life. That is, until my body started changing when I turned 50 last year. I was making excuses not to have sex because intercourse was getting painful and I would spot afterwards because my lining was getting so thin. After a few months of avoidance, my husband bravely told that this wasn’t working for him. He wanted me to enjoy sex again and to please find a provider that would help me. That desire to continue to be an active sex partner with my husband lead me to Dr. Douglas and her team of women. Dr. Douglas interviewed me and listened to my concerns. She thought the Thermiva procedure would work well for me but she first wanted me to see NP Barbra Cooper so she could check my hormone levels to rule out any other medical issue first. That impressed me because I realized that Dr. Douglas really does have my medical needs in the forefront of my care. Once any medical issues were ruled out with my symptoms, I opted to try the Thermiva procedure. After each of my three sessions I saw an immediate improvement in how my vagina looked. To be completely honest, it looked happy! My vagina had a droopy look before, and after the very first session my vaginal “lips” were lifted and had a pink color back to them. After my third and final session, the pain I was experiencing with intercourse went away as well as my spotting went away. My husband and I are very pleased with the results of the Thermiva I highly recommend Dr. Douglas and her team of women for this procedure.